|SL NO||POLYCET CODE||COURSE||NO OF SEATS AVAILABLE||NO OF SEATS FILLED||DATES OF ADMISSION|
|1||KRSR||DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING||60||4||PHASE 1: 18/10/2021
|2||DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING||60||9|
ADMISSION POLICY AND RESERVATION POLICY
- The application submitted for POLYCET-2018 itself is an application for admission under both local and non-local categories. Hence the candidates are advised to fill the POLYCET-2018 application form carefully. (No separate application is prescribed for )
- The results of POLYCET-2018 are likely to be available with the Principals of all Polytechnics by end of May-2018. Candidates can ascertain their rank from any Polytechnic located in the district from where the candidate has appeared for POLYCET-2018 or through website of SBTET (http://sbtetap.gov.in). The list of Polytechnics/Institutions and the course offered together with intake in each of these courses are given in Annexure –
- Securing rank at POLYCET-2018 does not entitle any right for the candidate to be considered for admission unless he/she satisfies all other conditions prescribed for the
- Call letters to attend the admission camp will not be
- Hall Ticket of POLYCET- 2018 is to be preserved and produced at the time of Admission
- The detailed program of admission will be notified in the leading newspapers, after the declaration of the results. Program of Admission will also be available in all the Polytechnics. Candidates are advised to watch for the same. Admission Notification itself is to be treated as a call letter.
- Allotment of Seats
For the purpose of admissions, institutions offering diploma programmes are classified into regional institutions, state-wide institutions.
- 85% of the available seats in each regional institution [Government / Aided Polytechnic/ Institution] shall be filled by candidates belonging to the respective University area of the two University areas namely (1) Andhra University Area, (2) Sri Venkateswara University Area. The remaining 15% unreserved seats shall be made available to Local candidates of both P. &
T.S. and non-local candidates in A.P. & T.S. depending upon their ranking at POLYCET-2018. However, candidates who wish to opt 15% unreserved seats in AP from Telangana state, those candidates shall appear POLYCET 2018 conducted by Andhra Pradesh.
- 85% of the seats in each State-wide institution/course shall be filled by Candidates belonging to the three University areas namely (1) Andhra University Area, (2) Osmania University Area and
(3) Sri Venkateswara University Area in the ratio of 42:36:22 respectively and the balance 15% seats as un-reserved.
- Admissions into Private, unaided, Minority Polytechnics are subject to issue of Government
- Candidates may note that those admitted in the following State Wide Institutions are eligible for Multi-Point Entry and Credit System (MPEC).
- Institute of Printing Technology, Secunderabad.
- Institute of Leather Technology, Hyderabad.
- Institute of Ceramic Technology, Gudur, Nellore Dist.
- Institute of Textile Technology, Guntur.
- Institute of Electronics, Secunderabad.
Candidates who qualified in POLYCET–2018 and have passed 10 + 2, 10 + ITI, 10 + Intermediate (Vocational) or 3-year Degree Courses in Sciences are eligible for Multi Point Entry and Credit System (MPEC). Such of these candidates shall get certain credits for certain subjects by means of exemption, as decided by an expert committee, as they have already studied in 10 + 2, 10 + ITI, 10 + Intermediate (Vocational) and 3-Year Degree Course in Sciences, as the case may be, by opting for extra credits, a student can finish the Diploma earlier than the stipulated period.
– 54 –
- Hostel accommodation is not guaranteed in any
- Reservation of Seats:
- Reservation of seats in favour of SC/ST/BC (A, B, C, D, E) Candidates shall be made in non- minority institutions as per the following
OPEN COMPETITION-50%, SC – 15 % , ST – 6 % , BC – 29% (BC ‘A’ – 7%, BC ‘B’ – 10%, BC
‘C’ – 1%, BC ‘D’ – 7%,BC ‘E’-4%)
The list of various communities of SC/ST/BC approved by Government of Andhra Pradesh is given in Annexure-IV.
- For Residential Polytechnics at Madanapalle, Rajahmundry (Andhra Pradesh), Gajwel and Karimnagar for girls (Telangana), the reservations are:
S.C. – 75% S.T. – 05% B.C.- 10% O.C. – 10%
All the seats are reserved for BOYS ONLY Except Karimnagar.
- For Residential Polytechnics at Paderu, Srisailam and Yetapaka near Bhadrachalam (AP) the reservations are:
S.C. – 18% S.T. – 75% B.C. – 05% O.C. – 02%
All the seats are reserved for BOYS ONLY
- For Government Minority Polytechnics at Kurnool, Guntur (A.P) and Badangpet Hydearabad (women) (Telangana) all the seats are reserved for minority
Candidates claiming to be considered under Minority Community should submit Xerox Copy of school leaving certificate issued by concerned Head of Institution to that effect at the time of counseling or submit Transfer Certificate proof containing the religion column.
- 33% of total seats in all non-minority Co-Educational institutions are reserved for girl candidates in each reservation category. If sufficient numbers of candidates are not available to fill the seats reserved for girls, they will be offered to the boys of the same category.
- Reservation for Anglo Indians: Two (2) seats are reserved in polytechnics in favour of the candidates belonging to the Anglo Indian community from the academic year 1994-95 onwards vide G.O.Ms. No. 173 Edn (TE-1) Dept. dated 15-6-1994. Candidates claiming reservation in Anglo Indian Community shall produce a community certificate issued by Revenue official not below the rank of Deputy Tahasildar of their place of
- Reservation of seats for NCC, Sports and Games, Physically Challenged (Handicapped) and Children of Armed Personnel
Horizontal reservation in each of the reservation category Open/SC/ST/BC to the extent of percentages mentioned is applicable.
- NCC (National Cadet Corps) :
Reservation to the extent of 1% shall be available for candidates of this category. The priority for consideration will be as per GO.Ms.No.21 HE (TE-1) Dept., Dt.13-05- 2002[Refer Annexure VIII].
Reservation to the extent of 0.5% (½%) shall be available for candidates of this category. Certificates issued by various organizations constituted by Central / State Government to conduct the event will alone are considered under this category. The participation in games and Sports before the qualifying Examinations will only be considered. The priority under this Category will be fixed as per the rules in vogue at the time of admissions. [Refer Annexure VIII].
- Physically Handicapped (PH):
Reservation to the extent of 3% for Physically Handicapped 1% for Visually Handicaped,1% for hearing impaired, and 1% for Orthopedically Handicapped shall be available as per G.O.Ms.No.130, Higher Education (TEI) Department, Dated: 06 09 2000.However candidates with defects like Muscular dystrophy, Deaf and Dum, Blindness and mentally retardation are not eligible for admission.[Refer Annexure VIII].
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP):
Reservation to the extent of 2% of the seats shall be available for the children of ex- servicemen and defence personnel including Border Security Force and Central Reserve Police [Refer Annexure VIII].
Subject to the condition that
- Candidates whose parents are domicile of Andhra Pradesh will alone be considered as per the judgment of the Hon’ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh in W.P.NO.17095, 17950,17952,19150 and others of 2006
- The candidate shall also submit a certificate from the Director, Sainik Welfare Board / Zilla Sainik Welfare Board as to their eligibility to be considered under this quota specifying the category to which the applicant belongs with attested copies of the documentary evidence for claim as given in Annexure – IX.
- The decision of A.P. Sainik Board or its nominee is final and binding on the Candidates in this regard.
The order of priority and merit under this category is governed by G.O.Ms.No.192, Edn.(EC-2) Dept., dated 26-8-94 and as amended by G.O.Ms.No.370, Edn.(EC-2) Dept., dated 18-10-1994 (See Annexure-IX).If there is more than one eligible candidate in a particular priority in any of the above four special reservation categories, the selection shall be based on the merit rank at POLYCET-2018.
Inter conversion of seats among the special reservation categories is not applicable. If sufficient numbers of candidates are available to fill the seats reserved for special reservation category, they shall be filled with candidates of general pool of that reservation category.
- Mode of seats filling
- All candidates are eligible to compete for Open Competition (OC) seats and they will be filled first followed by the seats earmarked for reservation categories. However, the seats vacated by the BC/SC/ST candidates in OC category shall be filled by the respective category candidates as per G.O.Ms.No.550 Higher Education (EC-2) dept. dated 30-07-2001.
- If sufficient numbers of candidates are not available to fill seats reserved for Scheduled Tribe, they may be filled by suitable candidates from Scheduled Caste and Vice-versa. If the required numbers of candidates are not available from both categories, the unfilled seats shall be added to general pool of the local area. ‘Konda Kapus’ and ‘Konda Reddy’ resident in the Scheduled areas alone shall be deemed to be ‘Konda Kapus’ and ‘Konda Reddy’ of Scheduled
- The Scheduled Tribes/Scheduled Castes/Backward Class candidates seeking admission shall produce Community Certificate in the prescribed Proforma as given in Annexure –
- The candidates claiming themselves as SC/ST/BC candidates who do not produce necessary certificates in the prescribed form or produce certificates in improper form will not be considered as SC/ST/BC candidates (as the case may be).
- The caste claims of BC/SC/ST candidates are subject to verification and report by Commissioner of Backward Classes Welfare / Director of Social Welfare / Director of Tribal Welfare respectively. The admission of the candidates is provisional till the genuineness of the claim of BC / SC / ST candidates is certified by the above said respective
- If sufficient number of candidates of any particular group of Backward Classes namely, A,B,C,D &E are not available to fill up seats reserved for that group, they may be filled by conversion to other BC groups as per rules in vogue in the order of merit of POLYCET-2018.
- If no suitable candidate is available in any of the five groups of the Backward Class then the seat may be filled up from the general pool of the same local
|Fees||Govt. and Aided Polytechnics and D. Pharmacy Colleges
|Private Unaided Polytechnics (Rs)||Private Unaided D. Pharmacy Institutions (Rs.)|
|2.||Course Work Fee||200/-||300/-||—||—||—||—|
|5.||Laboratory and Workshop||600/-||900/-||—||—||—||—|
|6.||Library-Non- refundable fee||300/-||400/-||—||—||—||—|
|9.||Board Recognition Fee||250/-||250/-||250/-||250/-||250/-||250/-|
|10.||Alumni Fee (only at the time of admission)||100/-||100/-||100/-||100/-||100/-||100/-|
|11.||Management Information System
Services Fee per year
|12.||TECH Fest fee per year||—||50/-||—||50/-||—||50/-|
- However, the fee chargeable in all Polytechnics shall be as fixed by the Government and applicable at the time of
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST (indicated by Government) categories will be exempted from payment of fee (S. No. 1 to 6 only as shown in table above) in case the income of their parents is within the prescribed limit of Rs.2,00,000 per annum and a certificate issued by the concerned
M.R.O. is to be produced to that effect. However, such candidates have to necessarily pay Admission fee, Syllabus book, Board Recognition fee and Alumni fee. Candidates belonging to BC/EBC/ Minority/Physically handicapped categories will be exempted from payment of fee (S. no 1 to 6 only as shown in table above) in case the income of their parents is within the prescribed limit of Rs.1,00,000 per annum and a certificate issued by the concerned M.R.O. is to be produced to that effect.
- has decided to link the scholarship applications with the aadhaar number for effecting the cash transfer scheme. For this every student must furnish the aadhaar number vide Govt. Memo no. 16635/sw. Edn. 2/2012-4, dated 29-12-2012.
- The candidates who are exempted from payment of fee have to apply for fee reimbursement through online (e-pass/website). However the orders issued by the Government at the time of admissions shall
- Candidates attending the counseling for admission shall have to pay fee for registration and counseling as per the notification issued for
- At the end of admission process, no request for change of course / Institution is
- Admission Programme:
Admission will be made based on options exercised by candidate. Details of the web based allotment programme would be indicated on our website http://apceep.nic.in and also notified in the leading newspapers soon after the declaration of results of POLYCET 2018.
The detailed programme with the ranks of the candidates called on each day for counseling will be published in daily Newspapers in English / Telugu / Urdu having wide publicity to enable the candidates to attend the Admission Camp on the specified date, time and place for each region. No separate call letters will be sent to the candidates for attending the counseling. The admission programme will also be displayed at the admission camp and in all Polytechnic. Admission notification issued in the press is to be treated as call letter.
- Web counseling process for admission into polytechnics
- Soon after the declaration of results of SSC and POLYCET-2018, detailed notification will be published in daily newspapers inviting the students to attend for certificate verification and option
- The details of web based counseling and venues for certificate verification and option entry will be made available in web site https://appolynic.in
- Candidates called on each day for counseling shall attend with all original certificates and documents for verification at any one of the designated
- Candidate shall check the details such as local area, reservation/special reservation category; sex printed on the receipt of certificates and gets them corrected by the verification officer
- Candidates will be familiarized with the web counseling procedure and the relevant information with regard to the seats available and college codes will be
- Candidates have to prepare a set of all possible college-course combinations (called OPTIONS) they wish to join in consultation with their parents, teachers, and friends in the manual option form
- The order of options so prepared is to be entered in the web by login through a generated Candidates shall enter as many number of options as possible they wish to join to avoid disappointment of not getting a seat.
- A print out of the options so entered shall be kept as record for
- Options recorded on the last day of the counseling will be frozen and will be taken for processing of allotments.
- Allotment of seats will be based on a computer program considering the merit of the candidate in all possible reservation categories of a candidate and the best possible seats among the eligible options will be allotted.
- Candidates shall download the allotment order and challan for payment of fee through any branch of the designated
- Candidates shall report at the allotted college along with the allotment order and fee paid challan within the prescribed time.
- Candidates who fail to turn up for the counseling on the Notified date and time, not reporting in time at the allotted college or not paying the fee through challan will have no claim on the admission into
- Calling for counseling does not guarantee a seat, as more number of candidates than the seats available, will be called
- The Convener is fully empowered to disqualify a candidate seeking admission if Admission Officer is not satisfied with the documents produced by the Candidate. The decision of Convener is final in matters of granting seat / rejecting seat to a candidate called for
- The candidate shall attend the counseling at their own cost and if necessary, they may have to stay a day more at the station of Admission Camp as advised by the Admission
- The selection of ST/SC/BC/CAP/PH/NCC/SPORTS candidates is subject to the clearance to be given by the respective departments during the counseling. Convener is not responsible for the delay in clearance in respect of doubtful caste
- Candidates who have been called for counseling have to bring the following certificates, which are relevant to them in original for verification purpose along with one set of attested
- Memo of Marks of SSC or its equivalent
- Community Certificate from Revenue Authorities, issued by officers not below the rank of Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) in respect of BC, SC and ST candidates as per proformas given in Annexure-V. The details of sub-caste and Serial number of the caste in the groups of BC / SC and ST are to be given in the
- Certificate showing the Date of
- POLYCET-2018 Hall ticket and Rank
- Certificate of study for the entire period of education from Class IV to
- In respect of candidates who appeared for the qualifying examination privately, without schooling, a Certificate of Residence as per the format given in Annexure-VI for 7 years immediately preceding the date of commencement of relevant qualifying examination he/ she first appeared is to be produced from an Officer of Revenue Department not below the rank of
- In case of candidates who are not local to any one of the University area, a Certificate from the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Mandal Revenue officer (MRO) for a total period 10 years of residence, excluding the period of study outside the State, or in case of parent, excluding the period of employment outside the
- In case of candidates who are not Local to any one of the University areas, a certificate from the employer with whom the parents or the spouse of the candidate are
- The Medical Certificate in the format given in Annexure-VII, issued by State/District Medical Board in case of Physical handicapped candidate (Vide G.O.Ms.No.109, Women’s Development, Child Welfare & Labour Department, 15-6-1992).
- Certificate issued by competent authority in case of NCC
- Participation Certificate in International Youth Exchange Programme, Republic day Parade at Delhi, State level competition, if any.
- Parent’s discharge certificate from service in case of Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) and Service Certificate in case of serving personnel from competent
- Games and Sports Certificate (Original) issued by various organizations constituted by State/Central Government to conduct tournaments at various levels (to be counter- signed by the Headmaster of the School / E.O.).
- Conduct Certificate from Head of the Institution where last
- Original Transfer Certificate to be produced within a week from the date of seeking Admission, failing which the admission granted will be automatically cancelled without notice and the resulting vacancy will be duly
- Physical Fitness Certificate from any Doctor not below the rank of Civil Asst.
- Income Certificate issued by Mandal Revenue Officer in
- Minority Community certificate issued by the
- Admission into Polytechnics/Institutions shall be made following the rules of admission and subject to any amendments issued by Government of Andhra Pradesh from time to
- If any ambiguity or doubt arises in the interpretation and implementation of these rules, the decision of the Director / Commissioner of Technical Education shall be
- In case of any litigation in matters related to conduct of Entrance Examinations and its results, the disputes shall be within the Jurisdiction of Hon’ble High Count of A.P. only and the Secretary, SBTET shall alone be the Respondent and not DTE/CTE.
- Any disputes connected to Admission, if any, shall be within the jurisdiction of the Hon’ble A.P. High
Court and the Convener POLYCET – 2018 (not the Secretary, SBTET) shall be the respondent.
Important note for Students who are seeking admission into new polytechnics
- They may have to travel to the nearby Polytechnic/ Engineering Colleges for attending practical classes at their own
- No hostel accommodation is available at the new Polytechnics and some of the existing
Limited accommodation is available in the Polytechnics, where hostels are available